Sunday, January 18, 2009

My WoW Journey, Part IV - Affliction Warlock

During the days prior to the release of the Wrath of the Lich King expansion, many people were looking at changing their main character, and I was no exception. So much of my history with the priest was negative, I wanted to change to the warlock as a fresh start. When I shared my decision with my GM Dev, I gave him ample opportunity to talk me out of it, but we needed warlocks, so he approved.
Learning to get awesome dps was a bit of a challenge. I started out using all my dots, but was told to only use three and get most of my dps from shadowbolt. As I struggled with dps and spell rotation, my friend and fellow warlock Flipflap offered his assistance, helping me with a spec that would allow me to maximize my shadowbolt crits. I still struggled, so I told Flip I thought full affliction would be better. I discovered that it's better for me to keep as many dots up as I can than to worry about having to spam shadowbolts when moving around in a raid.
Thank you, Flip! You rock!
Flip and Me waiting to cast our summoning circles before the Malygos fight

No comments:

Post a Comment