Thursday, February 19, 2009

Looking to Ulduar

Well, yesterday was an emotional day to say the least. Turns out, my dad's surgery was postponed until possibly Tuesday to deal with some issues related to his bloodwork.
The big news in the World of Warcraft is that patch 3.1 will be released to the Public Test Realm soon, and there will be much rejoicing and testing on the part of the high-end raiding guilds.
For me, however, the prospect of Ulduar brings a mix of excitement and trepidation. Excitement because it totally sounds like fun (siege vehicles in an instance! hard modes!), trepidation because despite all my hard work, I'm still not ready.
The questions flood my mind: Will I ever have the dps to do Ulduar? At what point do I ask to be demoted from Raid Member to Social Member? How do I approach those questions with the officers without seeming whiny, or like I'm looking for sympathy? Am I really in over my head and fooling myself that I can raid at this level with cerebral palsy?
The ultimate question remains: What do I need to do to get ready for Ulduar? I know my problem lies in dps time; comparing warlocks in WWS makes that perfectly clear. I'm confident that analysis of the combat log will show my the problem, it's the solution that I'm not sure about.
Two things I know: I will not leave my guild, and I will not go into Ulduar if I cannot bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment