Wednesday, February 18, 2009

We made quick Werk of him!

Patchwerk in under 3 minutes is quite a difficult task. It requires a mix of skilled, well-geared players, few or no deaths, and a few little tricks of the trade, such as warlocks using doomguards and a well-timed heroism. I was laying down my dots, sending shadowbolts in between, and remembering to cast drain soul under 25% after all my dots were up. Still, when I saw the achievement pop up on my screen, I was so excited! The little voice in the back of my head that says "you aren't good enough and you are holding the guild back" fell silent. My damage meter showed over 4k dps and 8th position, WoW webstats shows 3432 dps and 14th. The two mods calculate dps differently, obviously. At the end of the day, though, I'm happy.
As we were clearing to Grobb, the phone rang, and it was my sister giving me an update on how my parents were doing and last minute details on my dad's cancer surgery today. Without warning, "Grobbulus engaged" popped up on my screen. I somehow managed to concentrate on my sister's words while running around and throwing dots. Thank goodness I didn't get injected!
When all was said and done, I ended up 13th on the damage meter.
I can still see a lot of room to improve, but I don't know exactly where. I've downloaded a mod that will take a recorded combat log and digest the data into useful information. Hopefully that will allow me to see what spells i'm using where, and where I am losing efficiency.

No comments:

Post a Comment