Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Baby Steps are Still Steps

Yesterday I was still recovering from the weekend, so I was on WoW more than I had intended. I ran CoT:Strat on the lock in both heroic and regular modes to help some guildies out. I've changed the way I play the lock a bit. Boom made the suggestion a while back that I switch to using the mouse rather than pushing buttons. Bry and I both thought that using the mouse for everything might be a bit hard, so I pushed it to the back of my mind. I realized while working on the target dummy one day, though, that it is quicker to click that to push buttons. What I've done is to make a 3 by 3 matrix on the right side of my screen using bartender for my spell rotation, and use my left hand for movement, targeting, and some aoe spells. That way, I get the control of movement from the wasd keys and the speed of clicking with the mouse.
So, there we were in heroic strat, on the second boss. After it was over, I looked at recount to check it out:
Me (on vent): Any of you guys running a meter?
Guildies: No, but the pug druid is.
Me: My meter says I did over 3k dps for that boss!
I feel much more positive about where I am and where I can go now. It's really a game of inches to get enough dps to move on with my guild. Most importantly, I'm no longer questioning what they see in me, because I'm starting to see it also.

No comments:

Post a Comment