Friday, March 20, 2009

I Don't Live in Your World

The main feedback I get from guildies who read my blog (and ::::hugs:::: to each of you, I do appreciate it) is that I bring a different perspective to the game. I'm definitely not the typical gamer, and I'm especially not the typical raider, yet I am a raider, and I'm constantly fighting to improve.
Tuesday night, I shared with a friend the gains I'm making in dps and what I'm doing differently to get those gains. His response, "You really should be using hotkeys." I replied, "I've tried it, it hasn't worked."
Wednesday night, alt 10-man Naxx (well, 9 men and me lol). I get a tell, "You tried hotkeys yet?" What resulted was a heated debate in between fights about what I should be doing, that at one point degenerated to me asking "don't you *%#$ing trust me?" and no, I didn't use the symbols.
My brain is extremely unusual, and many times, even I don't know if something will work or not unless I try it. I keep what works, and change what doesn't. It is so easy for me to get into the "me vs. you" mentality with my guildmates and husband, and I try not to. After my little outburst, my friend apologized for upsetting me (raiding rule #1: don't piss off your healer) and explained to me his viewpoint. His points are valid, but what I'm doing is working for me. I can top the damage meters on boss fights in 5 mans now, and (ready, Dev?) I finally feel like I can go into Ulduar with my head held high.

No comments:

Post a Comment