Saturday, March 7, 2009

In Memoriam

"Do you think those that love us truly ever leave us?" - JK Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
One of the reasons that I stick with WoW where I might not stick with another video game is that there are real people behind the characters. Last night, I found out that one of those people had passed away. This entry is dedicated to him and another friend that I lost last fall.
I met Daylin when the small guild I was in was absorbed by his guild. He made sure that we felt welcomed and comfortable. The memories I treasure of him are that he was skilled at playing both a rogue and a priest, and that he was willing to play whichever toon was needed at the time. We lived in the same county, and after I left the guild, he sent me a tell saying that we needed to stay in touch and meet up for coffee with our spouses. My friend, I knew you less than a year, but I will never forget you.
Truepimp was an amazing warlock, but more than that, he was a great guy. I could have a conflict with him where he would make me completely mad, but then talk it out later on. When I was thinking about leaving a guild where I felt I didn't belong, he sent me a tell and said, "I don't want you to leave. You are one of us." My tribute to him is that my hunter pet, Nate, is named after him. Whenever Nate helps me out of a tight spot, I think of his namesake.
Hug those you love, and tell them you love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment