Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The View from the Bench

Last night was a pretty good raid night. Started out with a one shot of Malygos, although I died because my rhythm was off on phase 3. He dropped some shoulders which were a bit of an upgrade for me and no one else needed, so I got them. On to Sarth with 3 drakes. I managed the fire walls and void zones very well, but I couldn't get above 2K dps with all the movement and changing targets. I lose extra time whenever I have to change targets or move. Once I get set on a target I'm good, but getting set quickly is a challenge, and I don't know how to overcome it, unless there is a way to get more brain cells. Lack of dps started becoming a factor in the group's success, so I stepped out for the fight, and headed to Dalaran to check on Wintergrasp and see if the portal was up.
Anytime I have to sit, it makes me reflect on what it means to be a Raid Member of a top tier guild. I come prepared with flasks, at least 10 fish feasts, healing potions, and an Abyssal Bag full of soul shards. I work to learn the fights and not stand in stuff. I step out when necessary. Last night, after seeing that we had Wintergrasp, but the portal wasn't up, I flew on to the Vault so I could summon people. All these things make me a valuable member of the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment