Monday, March 23, 2009

Warlock vs. Resto Druid

One thing I've been doing in my head is comparing the warlock vs. the druid (dots vs. hots, I guess). I can't really choose which one I like more, that would be like choosing between my children. I love them both, but in different ways.
Soloing on the warlock is the most fun I have on any of my damage dealers. I get to use a pet, and can heal myself using haunt, siphon life, and drain life. Who doesn't love a warlock in a group? You get summons, healthstones, and a soulstone. Also, with all my dots, I can do damage even when I'm moving and getting reset.
Before patch 3.0, trying to deal damage on a resto druid was painful. You had to switch out your gear and go in cat or bear, popping out to heal and hoping you didn't go out of mana before the mob went down. Now that spellpower is used for damage and healing, soloing on the druid is super-easy mode. I cast moonfire, then roll starfire and lifebloom. I rarely get below 75% health using this method. Plus, doing all the quests that require riding a dragon no longer contain the fear of dying from fall damage. If my combat vehicle dies, I hit flight form and fly away. I also have a distinct advantage in groups, since I can resurrect people in or out of combat.
Would I ever change my main character? It would depend on the needs of the guild. We all made our choices about what we wanted to raid in Wrath. I was willing to play the druid, but didn't have the confidence to say, "I can be a good healer." Now I can say, "I'm not a bad lock, but I'm a good healer." For now, I'm content with playing a warlock with a druid alt.

No comments:

Post a Comment