Monday, April 27, 2009

Fighting through the challenges

I haven't posted in a couple of days, because I was camping with my sons' Boy Scout troop this weekend. I had fun, but I'm a bit sore.
Last night there were 27 people signed up for Ulduar, so I wasn't sure I would be able to make it. A couple of people didn't show up, though, so I was in.
The Hodir fight is the one that, after hearing about Oct's experience on the PTR, I wasn't sure I'd be able to do. It's a lot of moving around, stuff to avoid with white-on-white graphics, and very little time to react. At one point, I was looking for another dps to come on, because I was feeling that I needed to be replaced. In the end, I concentrated on not getting frozen and keeping an eye on how much damage I took from icicles. Long story short, we got him down, and on our final attempt I got 3370 dps. It's definitely a credit to our healers that I stayed alive. Thank you Bast, Larry, Prynts, Alord, Rali, and our newest tree, Luna!
Thorim is an interesting challenge that we are still working on figuring out. One of the biggest challenges for any guild when working on difficult content is learning how to work together and avoid the temptation to scapegoat. It's not just one person, it's 25 people working together to master something. Remember, we're all in this together.

1 comment: