Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hodir? Oh, Dear!

The servers went down earlier than they were supposed to today. No matter, not like I don't have things to do around here.
Real life sucks right now. I can't describe where all the pain and stress is coming from, but there is a lot going on here and with my extended family. To be able to log in to WoW and be surrounded by people is soothing. The banter of guild chat is distracting, and the friendly affection is comforting.
I decided to put the issues I'm having on the Hodir fight on the guild forums and ask for suggestions. I'm not sure if no one has posted because they are afraid to, or because they don't know what to say. It's cruel of me to give a group of men a problem they can't fix, but what can you do?
The truth is, the Hodir fight is the one that really made me question whether I could go into Ulduar. I love technically challenging fights because they aren't just about who can mash buttons the fastest, but I hate having to be able to visually differentiate so much.
I had a thought this morning about a way to practice at least dealing with the cold debuff. It is basically the Intense Cold debuff from the Keristraza fight on steroids, so if I run heroic Nexus as much as possible (ugggh, that means pugging), I should be able to at least get better at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment