Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Siege of Ulduar!

New start to the raid week, and two new achievements. We went in as a raid and won Wintergrasp, then defeated Emalon the Storm Watcher. First time for me in heroic mode, and 3.6K personal dps. Stepped out for Ulduar so we could get more dps in, and went off to do dailies. One of our members was having computer trouble, so I subbed in for Ignis and Deconstructor. I got into the instance and was getting myself buffed when Dem did the ready check. I'm proud of myself, I hit no. I said, "Guys I have never ever been in on this fight, but I have read about it. What do I need to know?" Got all set and said, "Let's go."

We wiped once, but then got him down. I was so happy, and got a new wand. Deconstructor went off without a hitch, although it was extremely difficult for me and I went out of healing range once when I got light bombed. I am pretty good at using my tricks to heal myself though, and as a warlock, I have plenty.

Last night's events were particularly sweet because it was my last night as a Raid Member of Clan Redundancy Clan, at least for a while. Dem finally understands that it's no longer about trying to protect him and Boom, I know they have broad shoulders and can handle asking me to sit. It's that every time I'm asked to sit, I'm reminded of where my deficits are. That is incredibly stressful at a time in my life where the stress already seems overwhelming.

This morning, Dem demoted me to Social Member, and I explained it to the guild in a forum post. It doesn't change who I am, how I feel about raiding, or my commitment to the guild. It just makes Tuesday and Sunday nights a little easier for me to deal with.

3 comments:

  1. Gratz on your achievement. I admire your strength and courage to know what you need and make it happen. I do think that sometimes pushing through to make something happen is the right decision whilst other times calling it is wiser. And the wisdom I guess lies here too in knowing the difference :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, and I completely agree with you. I also think it is easier to be strong when you have people of character standing beside you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well that's a given ;)

    ReplyDelete